Starting this Summer the Calcot Community Learning Centre will be offering a range of part-time Web Design courses for adults. They vary in price and ability, and best of all, are taught by us! Well, one of us to be precise.
This Summer the following courses will be on offer for adults interested in learning website design:
- Build your own Website – Starting at 19.00 on Monday 3rd June 2013, this course runs for eight weeks and guides learners through the build of a simple static website, from design to publishing with many hints and tips along the way. Lessons are between 19.00 and 21.00 every Monday.
- HTML Beginners – This is a short 4 week course starting on Wednesday 7th August 2013, which is an introduction to the HTML language. During the 4 weeks, learners will hand code their own webpages from scratch. Lessons are between 19.00 and 21.00 every Wednesday.
- HTML Bite Size – This is a short sharp introduction to HTML for those interested in finding out more about the language. This is a tutor led class where learners will learn about the syntax and try and little hand coding for themselves. It is a single half day session on the morning of Saturday 17th August 2013 and is only £16.00!
We are also delivering a few sessions on Social Media and networks that may be of interest to a few of you:
- Social Media Bite Size – Like the HTML course above, this is a half day session introducing learners to a range of different social media. During the session learners will create a Twitter account and start following a few famous celebrities! The session is on Saturday 4th May 2013 and is only £16.00!
- Exploring Social Media – this short 4 week course goes a little deeper, and looks at a range of social media in detail. Learners will find out about Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube and will be supported in creating accounts and exploring the possibilities of each. This course starts on Thursday 1st August 2013 at 15.30 and will run for 2 hours a week for 4 weeks.
To find out more about these courses and more please visit www.newburycollege.ac.uk/calcot or ring 0118 942 7040