Gordon Abbotts Curriculum Vitae
I am a motivated, analytical and helpful individual with considerable programming experience who is keen to get back into full time employment now my son is of school age.
Fundamentally I write highly functional bespoke WordPress themes (using the Roots/Sage framework) to designs and specifications provided by clients. Working in tandem with Media Fusion and Studio Innate I was the single point of contact for virtually all website related work and over 8 years developed a much broader skillset. I manage the hosting of 28 websites.
I am conscientious, have a strong pro-active work ethic and am comfortable working within a team environment or as an individual. I communicate clearly and confidently with colleagues, clients and partners developing strong and trusting relationships.
I am looking for a highly fulfilling role to test and further my abilities where I can add value and work alongside a motivated and knowledgeable team of people.
- JS, JQUERY, ES6
- LINUX, PHP, SQL
- HTML/XML, CSS, SCSS
- WordPress, WooCommerce
- Creative Cloud, MS Office, Git, SVN
- SQL Server, Sage 200
- Efficient & practical problem solver
- Leads by example. Self-starter
- Accountable, takes responsibility for actions
- Quick to learn new skills and systems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Perceptive, diplomatic & approachable
2012 – present NewburyNew.Media, Self Employed
- Developed & deployed approximately 105 WordPress websites for local SME, individuals and charities, often in collaboration with Newbury based design agencies.
- Developed WordPress and WooCommerce plugins for many uses including custom API actions.
- Developed Gutenberg Blocks.
- Resolved errors & supported end users. Single point of contact for solving website related problems.
- Web Hosting and DNS management.
2002 – 2012 Nu Urban Music Ltd, Accounts Payable Manager
- Managed the busy purchase ledger and a team of 3, at a company turning over £2 million per annum.
- Enhanced workflow processes and procedures utilising SQL Server 2005 & Sage 200.
1999 – 2002 Vodafone UK Ltd, Audit Technician, Operations Dept.
- Created, updated, maintained & executed SQL Scripts.
- Represented the Audit Team at stakeholder meetings
- 2008 Quanta Training, SQL Reporting Services 2005
- 2008 Quanta Training, SQL Server 2005 Querying and Programming
- 1999 HP Education, Introduction to UNIX
- 1999 Oracle, Introduction to Oracle 8 SQL Essentials
- 1997 – 1998 University of Northampton
- 1995 – 1997 St Bartholomew’s School, Sixth Form
- 1990 – 1995 The Clere School
I pursued constant OJT throughout my self-employment to further my understanding, stay current with developments and solve specific issues for clients.
Music is my passion and I broadcast as a DJ on Kennet Radio 106.7FM each month & on the internet regularly. I have performed at and promoted a wide range of events since 2001. I originally learned Photoshop to create posters and flyers for the events I organised and the record label I managed.
I have a 4 year old Son, we enjoy going out for walks in the countryside with our adopted 9 year old German Shepherd called JJ.
References are available upon request.